HeartCode® PALS online is for Review Renew Students who opt to study independently and complete the online session. An in class Skill Session is mandatory for this option. After completing the Online portion you schedule a date to complete your in class skills with a Review Renew ACLS Instructor.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- HeartCode® PALS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s PALS Course. HeartCode® blended learning delivers quality resuscitation education regardless of where providers are located and gives them more control to complete the course at their own pace.
- Providers first complete the online portion of HeartCode® PALS and then complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA PALS Instructor or on a simulation station.
- To enter the course, participants must complete a pre-course self-assessment.
- The PALS Course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
- Learners may choose to take the course in the following languages: U.S. English and International English (IVE)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning